- 2 15 1/2-oz BPA-free cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towel and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir until crumbly and oil is absorbed. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden and crispy.
I decided to try the few that weren't burnt and the flavor was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't be opposed to trying this recipe again, but I will now know that I should check on them after about 20 minutes. If you are daring enough to try this same recipe I would be extremely delighted to hear how yours turned out.